Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Rich aBUNDTance: Sister and Sweets

Party Time!! My stunningly sweet sister and drop dead darling daughter are visiting the great state of Texas for a week. I've been looking forward to this for awhile now.....and what could make their visit even sweeter?
BUNDT CAKE!!
Not that their visit alone is not exciting enough but you just gotta love a house guest that brings cake.
Outstanding!
This is a cake from Utah the land of yummy bread and pastries. Mormons really know their way around the sweets. I had one of these when I was there for Raars graduation in April and fell head over heels madly in love. This one is lemon with cream cheese frosting. I can't get it here in Texas which is probably a good thing. But my thoughtful big sis brought the slice of heaven here to me. I take back all of the mean or spiteful things I ever did in the name of sibling rivalry to her. Well almost all of them....I still get a chuckle at the time she was growing into womanhood and wearing her bra all of the time (even to sleep) because she said that I was staring at her. I told her that I read somewhere that wearing a bra 24/7 can give you breast cancer. Or that time that I got red marker on the new white couch and when my Dad questioned us I said that it wasn't me and Precious (that's what I call big sis) was found guilty before he even asked her by process of elimination. Or the time......oh nevermind, you get the point.
Sisters can never erase the past. They can only build bridges in the present...bridges made of luscious lemon bundt cake.

Stay tuned for reports of our week of adventure!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Victoria said...

What a fun cake! I wrote about my sister this week, too. I was the older sister by a couple of years, and I hated the way my sis could always get what she wanted by crying. I was a little more stoic. One time she cried because she couldn't find the tooth she lost, so the tooth fairy wouldn't come her a quarter... so my dad gave her all the money in his pocket... about six and a half dollars. I'm still a little bitter over that one. :)

Joy For Your Journey said...

That cake looks so very yummy!! I love lemon. And how fun to have your sister visiting. I hope you have a great time.

Also, I was reading your other post. You went to Colorado on your honeymoon? Where did you stay? My husband and I went to Durango (Tammaron) on our honeymoon, so did my daughter and my son--family tradition. And we just got back from celebrating my birthday there--AND we rode the Durango Silverton train--but only the first part of the trip. I just blogged about it. How funny to come home and read your blog about that same train.