Thursday, January 31, 2013

I Matter....

Funny story.....
I was going through my lists of posts since it has been awhile since I have blogged.
I came across a post entitled..I Matter. It was an unpublished draft.
I couldn't quite remember writing it and since I thought that it sounded interesting I opened it up.
Obviously I did not finish the post since it is literally a cliff hanger.
And now for the life of me I can't remember what it was that I wanted to say.
Isn't old age grand?
I am going to ponder it tonight while I try and sleep
(Isn't old age grand?)
And if I remember what it was that was going to convince me that I MATTER and that you do as well I will get back  to you and write
I Matter part 2.
If any one else feels inspired to finish this clearly inspired post feel free. 
It will be like the game we use to play in elementary school where someone started a story and then it went around in a circle until it's conclusion.
Meanwhile while you are waiting....please believe that I REALLY do think that you and I matter.
Honest.


Sunday, I taught Relief Society for the first time in awhile.
(Relief Society is the LDS organization for women and what a wonderful organization it is)
Thankfully the message I was to deliver is right up my alley and one I feel very passionate about lately.
It really has been on my mind the last two years as I have tried to make a "graceful" (a word not often used to describe me) transition into the next phase in my life.
I have gone from full time mother....
To part time photographer, part time Real estate courier, part time mother (if that is even possible?) and
FULL TIME SHELLLEY!!
That's right full time Shelley is back and for awhile did not know what to do with herself.
The lesson on Sunday answered that question in a beautiful way that really resonated with what I have learned (and NOT the easy way) over the last two years.
I felt so strongly about this message that I gave each woman a challenge (and candy of course...duh)
Was to post within daily site and repeat every day these two words.
I MATTER!
I also asked them to share it with at least one more person because the message needs to be said and felt more than ever in our world.
And so you are the person I want to share it with.
I wish I could sit down with you and share a Route 44 Diet Coke with Cranberry and extra ice....
(and by share I mean you get your drink and I get mine....I don't share my drink with anyone)
and tell you this face to face.
This will have to do.
We spend a LOT of time as human beings on measuring.
We measure our time by seconds, minutes, hours, days and years
We measure our food by meals and standards like small, medium and large and the all important Route 44.
We measure our education by degrees and standardized tests.
We measure our height and weight by the numbers and then classify ourselves into categories of short, thin, fat, average.
We measure our children by the milestones they reach, the grades that they make and the awards they receive.
It's not that measuring is a bad thing
But it can get in our own way.

1 comment:

alpinekleins said...

Whoa . . . thank you for the timely and inspiring message!! I have been having many of the same thoughts today and THIS was so helpful! Although I'm still holding out for the "Route 44 Diet Coke with Cranberry and extra ice...."

~xoxxo~

Kristin