My dear sweet daughter Megan nominated my blog for an award.....
So I gladly accept this wonderful prize and I would like to thank the academy and the foreign film press and my Mom and Dad and all the little people.....
Oh wait there is a little catch.
I have to answer a few questions first to deserve the accolades.
And so here they are...
1. If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
That's an easy one. I have even given quite a bit of thought to it. Why you ask? This is a question that if asked quickly you do NOT want to get wrong. I have many favorite foods and as you all know sugar tops that list but you have to consider health and wellness if you want to have a "rest of your life". So the answer would have to be bread.
2. What is your favorite memory from college?
That has to be meeting the man of my dreams. Although we grew up in the same stake here in Houston I never laid eyes on him until we met outside my dorm room in Helaman Halls. I can honestly say that I have never met a more handsome, kind, sweet man in my life and I know that we were destined to be together forever
3. If you had to choose a different career (besides teaching and mothering) what would it be?
Lol I think I have already done so......
But I would be working for National Geographic....dream job!
4. What was your craziest motherhood moment?
There were many....far far too many but the one that springs to mind with you was when I was wheeling you through Target....you were about 2 or 3 years old with quite a vivid imagination and vocabulary. You had been quiet for a few minutes (that should have tipped me off to trouble right there) and I was looking at a pair of scissors, deciding which one to buy. All of a sudden in a very loud voice you cried, "Please Mommy please don't cut me with those scissors!" I quietly put down the scissors and in my sweetest voice (the public sweet voice that let you know you were in real trouble) said out loud to the people staring at us that mommy had NEVER ever cut you with scissors. I could see them all racing to their phones to call CPS.
5. What is your favorite quote and why?
That's is a hard one but recently it has been:
I choose to excel; not compete.
Oh and the classic...When it is your time to go.....Go.
6. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
I knew that I would be an actress like the kids on Brady Bunch.
7. If your life were made into a movie, what would it be called?
"Who would ever pay to go to a movie about my life" That would be the title.
8. If you could interview anyone from any point in history, who would it be?
9. If you had to change your name, what would you change it to?
10. What compliment do you receive the most often?
What a wonderful daughter I have.
Go read her blog at meganarratives.blogspot.com