Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Antsy. That has a nice ring to it.

Ok....so this picture just does not do this one justice. If you look very closely (old people put on your cheaters) you will see an insect. Which bug you ask?...hmm....not quite sure. When I was 10 years old I thought that it was an ant, but that was before I moved to Texas where every child quickly becomes an expert on ants. Ask any Houstonian about the brown mounds of loose dirt that dot our landscape and they will tell you stay away from those fire ants. Why would we call them fire ants you ask? (my you are full of questions today) Because when they bite you... and they will..... you feel like that area of your body is on fire. But that's not the worst part. After the burning and stinging subside then cometh the itching and scratching. But wait there's more and it is my favorite part, you are then left with a painful purpley pink pustule to pop. (ahh alliteration) But I digress....this ring was given to me by my parents after they came home from a trip. My mom said that they purchased at a museum. Ripleys Believe It or Not I presume. I didn't really like it at the time (sorry mom) and so it went in the jewelry box. I have come across it many times in my drawer and have never thrown it away. Funny thing is that now I kinda like it. In fact i think I will wear it to church on Sunday and see if it gets noticed. It's very 60's retro I think. Is that in?
Btw: I look tired don't I. Trips down memory lane can be exhausting.
Btw2: See that crooked pinky fingers. It never bothered me too much until Guitar Hero. Do you see the way that it turns inward towards the other fingers. It makes it so that I cannot play on any other level than easy. That stupid crooked pinky just slips right off the button. My children make fun of me and say that it is just an excuse. IT"S NOT! It is a handicap!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: