Tuesday, April 28, 2009

She Did It!

I am back from my blogging hiatus,
and proud to report that I have one down
And two to go!
Raar graduated from college.
My alma mater to be exact and I could
not be prouder of her.
She is going to make one awesome educator..
She has already taught me much, being my first born.
When we brought her home from the hospital I was
scared spitless.
I had no idea what to do and wondered why in the world
anyone would leave me alone with a baby.
The first time we were alone I sat in the living room watching her
sleep and breathe....for 3 hours.
Just sat there
Overwhelmed with the responsibility
Overwhelmed with the love.
Scary love.
If I had been smart I would have slept because that was the last
time she slept for 3 hours straight for the next 6 months.
Raar was my test case baby.
She was my trial and error child.
She taught me that I could do anything
(well almost anything)
She taught me that love is a bottomless pit.
Scary sometimes and never ending.
Congratulations Raar.
You did it!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What an accomplishment!! You should be proud! That's my alma mater, too! ;)

alpinekleins said...

Congratulations, this is such a huge accomplishment! What a proud mama and you should be:)

I actually feel extremely sorry for my oldest child from time to time when I think of some of my parenting ideas that have mellowed over the years. But looking back, he turned out amazing despite all MY failings!

Kristin