Monday, April 20, 2009

They Don't Make Them Like They Used to.

Here is a shout out to all my "mature friends". Remember her? Don't worry I won't tell anyone.. That you're old too. I got my Chatty Cathy when I was about 3 I think. Here is the really funny part. That Christmas my sister and I both got Chatty Cathy. With a real bonus. My Mom made her a wardrobe from left over scraps from our dresses that she had sewn. Here is a wrap up: A. She made our clothes. B. She made our doll clothes. C. My doll and I's clothes MATCHED. D. Her house was probably clean while she did it. Something about that is just not right. Man I wish of all the junk in my house I had that doll and those clothes that matched right now. I would take the day just to sit and admire them. But alas they are gone. Sure my mom was super woman but evidently she could not see into the future. I guess she didn't have the help of cool things like facebook or the internet. I guess that's why she had all that "free time". 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How funny that we both posted about dolls this morning. I promise you, though. I will NOT be sewing clothes for my naked Bratz. ;)

Night Owl Mama said...

my mom told me about that doll and I never saw one til now. thanks