Monday, March 23, 2009

Three things to bid a fond farewell

My new color of polish...my peanut calls my toes Easter Eggs. I think I might have gotten a little too excited about Spring.
My azalea bushes in my front yard. For 14 years they have given me a stunning week of pinkish purple loveliness but they have really gotten rangy and scraggily and I cannot stand to look at them the other 51 weeks of the year. This week is their last hurrah.
My favorite camera in the whole world may have shuddered it's last shutter. It is making coughing raspy last breath senior citizen sounds and only turns on occasionally. It is not the fanciest or most expensive camera but it has captured the moments I will treasure forever. It has been the sixth member of the family at every special occasion, road trip, award ceremony and just the ordinary humdrum days of living. Thanks old friend..you have served us well....and thanks for the memories.


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Momza said...

oh I know how you feel about the camera...I felt the same way about my good ol Kenmore. Sad day.

Thanks for stopping by my blog...and sharing your non-twittering thoughts!

Unknown said...

So sad about the camera. You DO get pretty attached, don't you?

I am right there with you on the azaleas. We finally got rid of our 25 year old azalea bushes a few years ago. I miss the bright pink blossoms and the glow through the kitchen window....but I don't miss the scraggly bushes the rest of the year.

alpinekleins said...

I love the toes! Don't be given that one away! Mine really need a new makeover this week - except for we have two new inches of snow on the ground again, so it's back into the boots they go . . .

Kristin

Anonymous said...

That's some pink polish lady!

Sorry about your camera . . I know it took GREAT shots! Oh well, keep you eye out . . I got a 8.0 megapixel cute little pink camera for 69.00 at Big lots last week! It takes pretty good pics so far. I just have to get used to it.