Saturday, February 28, 2009

Just call me Pocahontas...


Well here it is!! I'm sure some of you couldn't sleep with the anticipation and excitement of waiting for this picture. I am as good as my word and did I not warn you.....AWKWARD GAWKY PHASE!! I am of course the indian maiden on the right. I particularly like the smirk on my face. I told you I thought that I looked pretty good. It was of course before I entered middle school and the world informed me that I DID NOT!
And what was my mom thinking when she let my sister* out of the house in those shorts. I can't even see them on one of her legs. Was modest not so hottest back then? (*sister who wanted to be a go go dancer in a cage)
So go ahead and gaze upon my awkwardness and giggle.

I am ok.

I have new sandals.
(nanie nanie boo boo)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

susette said...

cute picture of you. I love the sandals too. Shh...I shouldn't be on the computer. I really truly and trying to get down to the scrapbook room and get going on the mission book #2. I just scrapbook randomly. I really don't have any rhyme or reason to it, other then it's chronologically in order. If I can figure out how to take decent pictures of my pages I could do that and show you sometime. But not soon, sorry. Thanks for chatting on my blog and we'll be chatting soon sometime. PS. you ought to put your email in your profile so I can chat with you that waY. Have a great Saturday!!

Julie Rivera said...

That is some kind of sweeeeet! I had thick glasses (thanks for contacts), massive overbite (thanks for orthodontists) and curly hair (curses Farrah Fawcett ann your beautiful feathered hair!). A recipe for disaster. And explanation for the no dates. You are a brave soul. Bravest ever!

Heidi said...

Remember...SISTER...those were the days of the Nair commercial ringing out the tune..."Who wears short shorts? We wear short shorts!" That was the only way you could buy them. (Or maybe my shirt was just a little too big to fit over my challengingly oversized abdominable area!

alpinekleins said...

I have many a photo in a similar genre tucked away never to see the light of day again - you were brave to bring it out :D

Love the comments about Sadie and the walk - I have two that can almost read my mind ;)

Kristin